Friday, September 7, 2007

My first Blogging experiance

Ok you all. I have been drug into the world of technology. I wanted Mary to help me set this up because there is always so much going on here and new products comming in that I nedded a quick way to fill everyone in. (Quick, maybe not, these few sentences have taken almost 5 min. to type. maybe I should do a confrence call instead.) Ok so first my disclaimer. I should not be held responsible for typing and spelling error. I obviously spent way more time in school goofing off and not paying attention. I wonder if I need to date this????? If so today is Friday the 7th of September. Fridays are my days off unless I work the crop so this will be the day I type the most. We also do a lot of our unpacking of new product on Thursdays so I will have that to talk about. Oh I just thought of one more computor thing. I don't know what all those signs and letters mean in computor language so you will all have to write long hand to me or give me a few simple easy lessons. 18 minutes typing so far I hope I get a litter faster or I might have to add a maid and cook to the daisy lane payroll!!! Let me know if you do have questions, comments, or suggestions for me to answer or talk about. If this blog is just me all the time you all might decide to read your spam instead.
Should you use correct grammer and puncuation in a blog? Everytime I hit tab to indent my "linnie" thing goes into another area. Ok enough with my computor handicaps. Onto what is going on at DL.
New Product:
We are working on getting out all of the new Martha items. I have heard some not such exciting responses to her line and her. Well here is my thoughts. As with any line we get in there are things that I love and things I don't. Same with Martha. As for her don't know her but my best guess is that she personally didn't design 80% of this line. But I do think her team did a great job. We wanted to bring this line in because it is not just a scrapbooking line. There are paper projects, baking items, birthday party kits, favors, and general craft supplies. Those of you from Mattoon know what a pain it is that we don't have place to go locally to get these items. Now you do DL. So do come in (give us another 2 weeks ) to take a look at these products and see for yourself.

Sugar loaf Aka Anita's Stamps : oh my What keeps me from stamping many times is the cost of stamps. wood or acrylic is doesn't matter I cringe at 20.00 for 1 item not sure how many times I am going to use it. If you are the same way do come in and take a look at this line. Great stamps, new designs, hot trends, see where you stamp design, and a GREAT PRICE. You can't miss these they are on the end cap west of stamping and are in very colorful.
Storage is great with these as well because they are flat and store in CD like cases. Love them

Sugar Tree (lots of sugar companies) This is a paper only company. They just released a ton of new hunting, fishing and camping papers. Who doesn't want to scrapbook their husbands latest kill!!! Travis(my hubby) spends a dern lot on his hunting gear. He hunts duck and deer for the most part. So I might as well scrap it so that we have something to show for his time and money. It also beats having to hang dead deer and ducks on my walls. So these papers are great. They are also very specific to different game. Which is unusual most papers are hunting general. This would make a nice surprise Christmas gift for the hunter/fisherman in your life.

EK Success: the cutest animal line. These are their Jolee's style stickers. They would be great for zoo pages. They also have captions like with the cheetah "energy to burn" this would just be cute on a page with kids playing.
We also got in new products from Reminise, Sandylion, Creative Imaginations, Scrappin Sprots and More, and a few others that are not coming to mind. Time to go. The laundry and sink full of dishes is talking to me. Talk back to me!!!!

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB! I live in Champaign, and check up the website all the time and get the emails... I have been to your all night crops on Friday and then back on Saturday... can't make it in September, but hope that you will do the Mega crop in October!!! You did a great job with your blog! Keep up the good job! Denise

Shawn said...

Hi Karen,
Great job with your new Blog! I look forward to visiting Daisy Lane on my next visit to Mattoon in October. Your store surpasses anything I have seen in northern California or in Montgomery County, Maryland AND I am missing your great selection!

Anonymous said...

Karen you did fine. I always enjoy coming to the store. Even when I don't get much scrapping done. I like that everyon knows my name. Just like the TV show CHEERS! Good luck with the blog, Karen!

Michelle Barnes

Anonymous said...

Great job on your first blogging! Looking forward to comming in to DL to see all the new stuff! Keep up the good work!!!!

Sue said...

Karen, great job on your first blog. I was in the store today and picked up one of those new laser rulers. Can't wait to use it. I'm really looking forward to the open house in 2 weeks. See you then--Sue K

Anonymous said...

Well Karen, I am glad you are finally using your computer in your NEW house. Spelling or Spell Check would be nice but we'll forgive you! Have a great weekend!

Thanks Again!

Anonymous said...

good for you Karen about coming into the 21st century. I know computing can be frightful experience but you'll have great joy in accomplishing something new.

robin

Anonymous said...

"Should you use correct grammer and puncuation in a blog?"

Yes, it would help greatly in the reading if correct grammar and punctuation were used. However, it's great that you started the blog and I'm sure it will get better. Love to hear what's new over there! We come every chance we get!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the blog! I always look forward to the Daisy Lane emails. Your store is terrific! I am hoping to be able to make it to the open house.
Thanks!
Lora

Amanda said...

Great blog! I look forward to reading more!

Amanda said...

Great blog! I am looking forward to reading more...just like I wait for the weekly emails!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Looking forward to reading the next one.

Love, Hugs, and Kisses said...

great blog! it will be nice to be able to see whats going on at daisy lane!

Anonymous said...

Yay, a new way to get updates from Daisy Lane! I was just in yesterday and got some of the new stuff but I'll be back soon, I'm sure. P.S. Your "computer handicaps" are adorable! (We don't mind)

Anonymous said...

Karen,
You did a great job on your first blog! I think it will be nice to have a way to check on all the new products. I love your store - you have the best selection in the area! I'd rather head to Matoon than to Indianapolis when I'm looking for scrapbook items.
Keep up the great job . . . and don't worry too much about the spelling and grammer :)

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about this blog! This will be fun, I'm sure. You know, the majority of bloggers don't stress too much about their punctuation, capitalization, spelling, etc. If people can figure out what you're talking about, don't worry about the rest! I'm really curious to see the new Martha products. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

karen great job ob your first blogg. as far as the spelling I wish I would check mine more I am always hitting send before I check and then I see all my errors.So I guess we are in the same boat. Can't wait to see your new stuff. I love your store and am in it all the time. Keep up the good work.

AmyK said...

Hi Karen,
My first time blogging, too. I just wanted to support you. I still intened to bring my girl-friend from Springfield to see the shop....she will love it...as do I. She says there isn't much to choose from up there anymore.
See you soon.

Anonymous said...

I love DL! You gals are just GREAT!
What teckies you have become. You still rock with paper and scissors! I want to come and see all the new stuff. I love the new counter too! See you soon. Pam

AmyK said...

Hi Karen,
My first time blogging, too. I just wanted to support you. I still intened to bring my girl-friend from Springfield to see the shop....she scraps so much for her kids ...she will love it...as do I. She says there isn't much to choose from up there anymore.
See you soon.

Mrs. Rellim said...

Nice touch, Karen. I have a blog too. Check it out sometime. rellimfamily.blogspot.com

Love, Marcie

Anonymous said...

Hell-o new Techie!
I always applaud someone who decides to stretch themselves by trying something new!
Go Karen!
Your friend and happy customer-Suzi

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining the blogosphere. I've been reading the newsletter but this will be nice to keep up with. Won't be in the store for another couple of yrs. Miss it a ton though.

Blogging works itself out in time. Grammar and rules aren't such big deals on blogs. No worries, content is king on blogs.

Unknown said...

do yourself a favor though, turn on word verfication. Otherwise you could start running into problems with automatic commenters that are similar to spam on your email. the comment approval does that too but it is up to you to approve comments, more time for you. word verification makes the commenter do the work.

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Love your store! I miss cropping as often as I'd like, but having a little one takes a bite out of your free time :).
Don't worry about the spelling/grammer, anyone who knows you loves you just as you are! You are a joy to be around. Very inspiring.
-Mindy

Scraplin said...

I like your blog, and LOVE your store! I only wish I could get there more often.I tell everyone I know what a great store DL is. Good luck with your blogging.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blogging comments, I love getting new product updates, it just entices us more to want to go to DL and check everything out. The Friday night crops have turned four women into scrapbooking addicts, we're hooked!

Anonymous said...

Don't be discouraged! I just appreciate your efforts. Wish I lived closer and could come in and check out all the new things you talked about. But in the meantime I enjoy dreaming about the possibilities!! Hang in there and keep blogging!!

Carol A. said...

Karen...you did a great job with your blogging. I look forward to checking it often, as well as I love coming to the store as often as possible. Your store is the best around. Have a great day!

Lora said...

Karen,
You did great! I'm proud of you for doing this blog. I know you were afraid of the whole computer thing but the more you use it the easier it gets. I'm looking forward to not only reading what's new but seeing you learn as you continue to write.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your blog!!!
Lori