Friday, September 14, 2007

Blog # 2 from Karen

I really thought that I would have written more during the week. However, not much that I do or want to do goes as planned. Grandma and I spent all day yesterday in the back room marking items. If you haven't said hi to grandma lately do so. She is responsible for marking almost 90% of the merchandise at DL. At times she does this under protest saying things like, "Did you have to buy so many of these?" and my favorite comment is "Do you really think people are going to buy this?". After this I lovingly reply "No grandma, I bought them because I didn't think that they would sell". Grandma is 87 and works at DL 4 days a week. In her spare time she runs after great grandchildren and mows her own grass. We love her and pray we are as healthy as she at almost 90. But it wouldn't hurt for you to tell her that you love and buy all the "junk" that Karen buys.

Onto the goods:
Reminisce has done it again. We just marked 4 new lines.
1. Live out Loud: a bright whimsical line great for everyday, summer, and playtime photos.
2. Country Kitchen: a French look to this cooking line of papers and stickers, in a black and red print. There is also chicken paper that it just to cute for petting zoo or farm. I forgot to tell Mary about this (she has a farm and chickens) . Oh well she can just read my blog to find out.
3. Milestones: Finally a company that is making specific birthday papers and stickers for those adult milestones. These are very nice they start at 16 and go up to ???? Oops I forgot. I do believe it is 60. If you want to know exactly e-mail the store or better yet come in to check and buy some stuff while your here!!!!
4. Vineyard: For those of you who have developed a taste for the fermented. This line is for you. The papers in this line are Reminisces double sided shimmer so they are beautiful. The papers really could be used for other things cause they are so nice.

K&Co. Two out of the 8 or so new lines came in. Tim Coffey's Halloween line and Brenda Walton's Christmas line called Peppermint Twist. Love them both. The Christmas line won't be out until next week, but the Halloween line is already up on one of the front end caps. You all need to pick up the treat boxes and cones in this line. You get 12 for 5.99 and these are cute!!!
You can't make something this nice for that kind of money. They would be great for school but also to pass out to your coworkers as a little treat. Don't wait on these I only ordered 6 pkg of each style. My mistake should have gotten way more but I didn't want to upset grandma.

Both the Christmas and Halloween Lines have this new product called Rub on magic. I haven't used it yet but my rep from K&Co says you can use them like a tattoo. They are a sticker that you press onto your page peel of the clear overlay and then sprinkle glitter on and it sticks. I think the Christmas ones would be great for the kids Christmas parties. Probably should have ordered way more of these as well.

You will also want to check out the K&Co ornament kits. These are great!! I have already put some of these together. They come in a 12x12 slab. They are pre-cut and punch out. You assemble them and then embellish with ribbon, brads, glitter etc. They cost 15.99 but you get I think over 80 ornaments. We are going to put these together as a family and pass out to teachers, friends, and family this year at Christmas.

Crop in Style has released a new XXL tote. Gorgeous and very sophisticated(thank goodness for spell check). It is their same great open square design but with a trendy print of toile? on the front. It's that old fashion looking fabric. I think it's called toile. If not come in take a look at it and you call it something.

Did I mention that while I am typing this I am watching my two nieces' for Mary. Not so that she can go to DL and work, but so that she can spend the day catching up on her scrapbooks. Even though I am almost 4 years behind. But no bitter feelings!! ha ha ha Jan says now go back and proof read and double check my typing. So I hope there are a few less errors for you to have to weed through. Have a great week and God Bless You!!!! Karen

No comments: